Choose Welland Power For
PREMIUM CUSTOMER SUPPORT
POWER THAT CONTINUES
70 YEARS OF WELLAND
Dealers for Diesel Generators In Chad
Chad is a landlocked country situated in north-central Africa. It has a population of 13.7 million people and official languages of Arabic and French. The country's main exports are 96% crude oil with cattle, cotton and natural gum making up the rest of the exports. Around 53% of the nations work force work in agriculture, 40% in services and around 6% in industry.
Chad Grid Overview
Chad Socket Type
Chad Grid Coverage
In Chad the grid runs at a frequency of 50Hz, this is the same frequency as most of Europe.The Voltage in Chad is 380V for three phase and 220V for single phase. Around 98% of all Chads electricity is produced from fossil fuels with the remaining 2% coming from renewable sources.
In Chad the socket type they use are type C, D, E and F as pictured below.
As of 2017, the Chad grid reached 10.9% of its population. In both rural and urban places the access to electricity is very poor but in rural ares access to electricity is less than 2%. However there are controversial plans to connect Chad and Cameroon with a 225 kV electrical grid interconnection. This will boost access to electricity especially in rural areas.